We rage about the Trump budget bill, which is coming to fuck up every American that isn’t a millionaire or billionaire. But these are all just policy choices, and the GOP is deciding to raid the poor to pay the rich. For an alternative vision, we look at the Congressional Progressive Caucus’s People’s Budget.
- Alexis’s rage storm about the Trump Budget.
- Cuts SNAP by $193 billion over ten years; that’s 25% of the program. Then, it shifts the burden of paying for part of SNAP over to the states, who cannot handle that burden.
- There is a $2 trillion error in the budget
The AHCA already cut medicaid by $839 billion over ten years. The Trump budget cuts it a WHOLE BUNCH more. The Center on Budget estimates the combined cuts to Medicaid will be as high as $1.3 trillion over the next decade.
- How much the average 20- to 29-year-old borrower working in public service with a bachelor’s degree would pay in extra dollars each month on their student loans, per state, due to Trump Budget cuts.
- Trump’s budget cuts the Highway Trust Fund by nearly $100 billion. In 2027, that’s 250,000 lost jobs.
- Trump Budget’s long lecture for disabled.
OTHER THINGS MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
- There is an alternative! We can fund things that matter to us! Check out the Congressional Progressive Caucus’s People’s Budget.
- Most Americans Lack Reserve Cash to Cover $500 Emergency
#AHCA guts #Medicaid, uses the money to cut taxes by $2.8 billion for the richest 400 Americans, per the Center on Budget:
- WTF happened in Montana?
- The latest in the Deathcare bill, which just got a score from the Congressional Budget Office, showing under it, 51 million people under 65 will be uninsured by 2026.