We discuss Trump sabotage, from the Affordable Care Act to the Iran deal. We also talk what Kade’s been up to in Boston city elections.
Trumpcare is back, but it’s even worse than before. The GOP has until September 30th to pull a hail Mary on Trumpcare with a HORRIFIC bill called Graham-Cassidy. We discuss what it is, how it would shred our healthcare and put an end to Medicaid as we know it, and what we need to do to stop it!
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
- Call your Senators! 202-224-3121
- Call Mitch McConnell: 202-224-2541 Say: “I’m calling to tell Leader McConnell not to bring Graham/Cassidy up for a vote until it is properly debated and goes through regular order in the Senate.”
- Live in a state with two democratic senators? Call progressives in red states and ask them to call their senators: https://www.trumpcareten.org/calls-to-kill-trumpcare
States where we need to exert the most pressure: Arizona, Arkansas, Maine, Louisiana, Kansas, West Virginia, Nevada, and Ohio. (Bolded states would lose Medicaid dollars under the bill.)
The BCRA, Straight Repeal, and Skinny Repeal versions of Trumpcare ALL FACE PALMED Thursday night/Friday morning. We’re gonna recap reactions from us and from listeners, as well as talking about what’s next.
And it seems like just last week that we were making fun of Anthony Scaramucci because…it was just last week! And now he’s fired. So we’ll do a little dance on the grave of his short-lived Comms Director career.
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
- Give money to ADAPT’s legal fund! ADAPT led the fight against Trumpcare & to save Medicaid. Alexis pitched in $200 — can you donate and help us raise another $200?
- Have a laugh at the replies to Sam Stein’s Scaramucci tweet.
NOTES FROM LISTENERS
- Thanks to Melissa, @kawaiikadri on Twitter, for describing where you were when Trumpcare failed;
- Thanks also to @jenesaiswha, who writes on Medium at https://medium.com/@margotmachado, and has this great Trumpcare is dead song here:
Image via Max Talbot-Minkin (CC BY 2.0)
If you want to support the show, you can do so on Patreon for as little as $1 a month. You’ll get access to bonus content each month and help us keep the show going!
Trumpcare has stalled in the Senate today, but the fight is just getting started. We CELEBRATE but then get right to talking about what we need to do next. We also dive into some wonky details about why Trumpcare, if it passes, will gut Medicaid forever — and the dangers that we ALL face, however we get our insurance, from this evil Trumpcare bill.
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
Dive into the weeds with the National Health Law Program:
- Top 10 Changes to Medicaid Under The Senate’s ACA Repeal Bill
- Per Capita Caps’ Growth Rate: Leaving States in the Dark
Find an event to go to at the Town Hall Project
Elizabeth Warren says that in 2020 the Democrats need to run on Single-Payer.
Coffin image is via Color of Change.